Wednesday’s blog returns as today I will be profiling Bolton Wanderer’s striker Kevin Davies.
Kevin Davies is an English striker currently with Premier League side Bolton Wanderers.
Davies first started his career back in 1993, when he was on the books at Chesterfield, where he spent the first four years of his career at totalling 29 goals in 148 appearances.
Davies had a brief spell at Southampton before transferring to Blackburn Rovers for a fee of £7.5 million. However, Davies’ time at the club wasn’t the best as he scored just two goals in a Rovers shirt. A season later, Davies would make his return to Southampton.
Davies spent four years at Southampton, but was often used mainly as a substitute. This led to the clubs’ decision to release the Sheffield born striker, which is when the Trotters snapped him up on a free transfer.
Kevin Davies (centre) was once a Blackburn Rovers player.
Davies’ Bolton career started off in spectacular fashion, as he scored ten goals and started every league game, leading to his triumph in the clubs’ Player of the Year award.
In the Premier League, Davies has a reputation of committing the most fouls whilst also being high in a table of players who have been fouled the most. At the end of the 2008/2009 Premier League season, Davies had a record of 577 fouls – more than any other player. With this, the 32 year old has received 85 yellow cards in the top flight.
In his Bolton career, Davies has scored 57 goals in 276 appearances including a memorable effort against Bayern Munich in the 2007 UEFA Cup group stages.
Davies in action for the Trotters.
As of this season, Davies has featured 31 times for Owen Coyle’s men, scoring six times along the way. He is currently joint second top goalscorer at the club trailing Gary Cahill’s seven goals.
Despite his low scoring tally, Davies is a constant threat in the air, with his heading ability up to top notch as he can assist a team mate from set pieces, proving too much for the opposition at times.
Onto the Internation scene, Davies has never featured for the England Senior team, but has three appearances for the England U-21 side.
Davies is always a threat in the air.
Monday’s Premiership Player Profile – Matt Jarvis by gavh
- Juventus lining up cash-plus-player bid for Lyon’s Lucas Paqueta
- Kane & Salah to run the show in the 2022/23 Premier League Golden Boot race – or not?
- Most Successful Teams in England
- Premier League Pre-Season: Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton & Man City heading to the United States
- Inter Miami vs Barcelona: date, kick-off time & how to stream
- Darwin Nunez to Erling Haaland – top five transfers completed in June
- Five Teams Expected To Dominate At The 2022 World Cup
- Man Utd’s 2022/23 pre-season: fixtures, transfers & expectations
- 2022/23 Sky Bet EFL season: Key dates & facts
- Brazilian legend Dani Alves announces exit from Barcelona