After criticising France for getting just one point from the match against Romania, and laughing it the faces of the French players and Raymond Domenech, it seems that France will have the last laugh. An impartial football viewer is delighting with a beautiful game of football in Bern, where just 45 minutes have passed until now. The Netherlands are dominating the game all over the pitch, with Italy not even able to hold possession without gifting the ball to their opponents. No one would have dreamt before the game that the ‘World Champions’ would be losing at half-time, but facts are facts, and Italy go in the dressing-room trailing by two goals: sensational goals I should say, from Real Madrid players van Nistelrooy and Sneider.
This result must have been welcomed delightfully by the French supporters, with the rivalry growing between the two clubs ever since the World Cup 2006 Final. My last words are a wish to congratulate the World Champions (whose head seems to be too big after their last success) and to keep their great work up! They should be out of the group stage before too long with these kind of performances.
- Aston Villa want to secure a return for Ashley Young
- Premier League 2021/22: The dates to remember as fixtures are released
- Marko Arnautovic could be in trouble for alleged racist remarks
- France v Germany – divided by history, united by choice
- Manchester City’s Aymeric Laporte wants a move to Barcelona
- Monday Briefing: Eriksen survives, England trio silence doubters, Lukaku makes statement
- England triumph over Croatia at Wembley in opening Euro 2020 group game
- Morning Mix: Eriksen incident reminds us what is important, England manager demonstrates leadership …
- Nuno Espirito Santo close to being appointed as new Everton manager
- Borussia Dortmund turn down Manchester United’s £67m offer for Jadon Sancho