Ryan Fraser was voted the Clydesdale Bank Premier League Young Player of the Month for September 2012. And from the destruction of defences he caused since he broke into the Aberdeen side, it’s no wonder.
His style of running at defenders, taking them on and generally beating them, he is something that most SPL defenders are unfamiliar with, so they don’t know how to handle him. Many defenders have tried lunging in for the ball and hoping for the best. But this has not worked, and you only have to look at the fact that there have been twelve yellow cards and a red card issued to players for fouls against him alone this season.
Fraser’s pace and trickery is a step above the quality you can expect from an SPL defender, so I wouldn’t be surprised if he could make it down in England. Not yet though, he still needs to grow as a player and be nurtured at this level until he is mature enough to take on the rough and tough defenders of the Premier League. But, lie most young hotshots, it would definitely not surprise me if he hot-tailed it down there as soon as an offer comes in for him. A shame, a waste, but it wouldn’t be the first time
- Premier League season review: Who ran the show in 2021/22?
- Arsenal Set For Another Champions League-less Season
- Aston Villa set to sign Phillipe Coutinho permanently
- Arsenal vs Leeds United Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Inter Closing in on Juventus Marksman Paulo Dybala
- Man City vs Real Madrid highlights European action in midweek
- Lazio vs Milan Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Arsenal vs Manchester United: Everything you need to know
- Liverpool vs Manchester United Preview & Major Transfer Updates
- Sports News roundup: Man Utd chase Pogba successor, Chelsea takeover and Salah’s future at Liv…