A chorus of boos at the final whistle left Craig Levein in doubt of the fans feelings of the match. As usual there is a prevailing feeling that this was an opportunity lost and an error that will come back and bite us on the arse.
Serbia enjoyed the bulk of possession without creating many clear cut chances. At the death they could have stolen the three points but luckily, Alan McGregor our only truly European class player saved our bacon.
Throughout the match Scotland surrendered possession at will and were limited in attack. Paul Dixon had an impressive debut at left back however Alan Hutton on the right again left his defence open countless times.
Caldwell and Berra were average at best while Charlie Adam was wasteful with his passing and free-kicks.
Of all the players Robert Snodgrass impressed me the most. He looked capable of attacking and got into the faces of the Serbians. In the second half he was substituted for James Forrest.
Kenny Miller was industrious as always but the 33 year old veteran tired dramatically in the second half. It seemed as if everyone in Scotland, apart from Craig Levein knew he had to be replaced. Especially with new wunder-kid Jordan Rhodes waiting on the bench.
In the end Rhodes and Jamie Mackie got barely 10 minutes to impress, and they did.
In the end the pre-match optimism was unfounded. One point was not disastrous but anything less against Macedonia will be.
Proposed line up for Macedonia game:
The knives are well and truly out for Craig Levein. If he loses or draws on Tuesday he has to go.
- Premier League season review: Who ran the show in 2021/22?
- Arsenal Set For Another Champions League-less Season
- Aston Villa set to sign Phillipe Coutinho permanently
- Arsenal vs Leeds United Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Inter Closing in on Juventus Marksman Paulo Dybala
- Man City vs Real Madrid highlights European action in midweek
- Lazio vs Milan Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Arsenal vs Manchester United: Everything you need to know
- Liverpool vs Manchester United Preview & Major Transfer Updates
- Sports News roundup: Man Utd chase Pogba successor, Chelsea takeover and Salah’s future at Liv…