When all the players are fully fit I believe that this squad is good enough to achieve a mid-table finish in the Championship. Nigel Clough has a good mix of experience and youth to call upon, and within the squad there are some good leaders and some creative/skilful players.
Having looked at all areas of the team I believe that the best XI available to Nigel Clough is:
Bywater; Stoor, Barker, Addison, Moxey; Croft, Savage, Green, Davies; Commons, Hulse
At the moment the Rams are struggling in the league, however it must be pointed out that the squad has been stretched to the limit in recent months. At times there have been 11 fist team players in the treatment room, not many clubs would be able to cope with such a backlog so the panic button shouldn’t be pushed too early. Things probably won’t get better until after Christmas when Clough has a full squad to choose from, but I would expect to see an upturn in the team’s form in the new year.
- Premier League Matchday 35 Predictions
- What it’s like supporting a Non-League club
- How Jose Mourinho’s arrival could see Roma’s new owners realise their ambitions
- Arsenal’s future on the line on Thursday
- A History of Fan Protests: From Liverpool to Barcelona
- UK sport backs social media boycott, but not everyone reads the memo
- We need to be loud not silent to end social media abuse
- The Big Six is dead – Long live the Big Five
- Match-fixing: When 7 Manchester United and Liverpool players were handed lifetime bans
- La Liga: Real Madrid, Barcelona, Atletico Madrid and Sevilla in tight, must-watch title race