Russia boss Guus Hiddink, known as the Magician in Russia, will have no injury worries ahead of the match against Spain. However, he will be without suspended duo Kolodin and Torbinski. Spain and Russia/USSR have met nine times in their history, with the Spaniards winning 5 times while Russia won just once. Spain are on an unbeaten 20-match run and are clear favourites to earn a place in the final to set a Germany vs Spain final on Sunday 29th June.
However, Russia have all the means to break Spain’s run of success. Russia were thrashed by Spain when they met in the group stage with the score of 4-1. However, Russia have recovered their form, after a slamming by Guus Hiddink, and are seen as surprise contenders for Euro 2008.
Anything may happen in football. Arshavin’s current form may not only hand him his much-desired contract at Barcelona, but also hand his country the Euro 2008 trophy and make him a hero for Russia.
Enjoy some pictures from Spain vs Russia, played on the 10th July, just sixteen days ago:
For more information, follow this BBC link:
- Top 7 highest goalscorers in El Clasico history
- Premier League Weekend Predictions – Matchday 9
- Barcelona vs Real Madrid: El Clasico Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Europa League Predictions – Matchday 3
- Steve Bruce leaves Newcastle United by mutual consent following Saudi-led consortium takeover
- Champions League Predictions – Matchday 3
- Marseille rise to third with 4-1 win over Lorient
- Morning Mix: Mendy the difference for Chelsea, Bruce criticism is fully justified
- Spain Under-21 men’s football team continue winning streak
- 5 talking points from England’s draw with Hungary