According to reports in France today Pompey should have a new left back by the end of next week. Pompey have allegedly agreed a four-yearÂ deal with Lens left-back Nadir Belhadj.
The Algerian international has been linked with a move away from Lens forÂ most of the summer with West Ham having also expressed an interest in signing him.
The 26-year-old is looking to leave the French club after being relegated from the top division and looks set for a move to the Premier League.
Portsmouth manager Harry Redknapp seems to have won the race to sign the highly rated defender who joined Lens from Lyon in January 2008.
Reports in France suggest the player has agreed personal terms and now all that’s left to be sorted is the transfer fee, which the clubs are supposedly haggling out over the next few days.
- Darwin Nunez to Erling Haaland – top five transfers completed in June
- Five Teams Expected To Dominate At The 2022 World Cup
- Man Utd’s 2022/23 pre-season: fixtures, transfers & expectations
- 2022/23 Sky Bet EFL season: Key dates & facts
- Brazilian legend Dani Alves announces exit from Barcelona
- Manchester United keen to sign Christian Eriksen on a free transfer
- Darren Bent offers his view on Liverpool’s interest in Paul Pogba
- 2021/22 Champions League end of season awards: Best player, best manager, and more
- Premier League season review: Who ran the show in 2021/22?
- Arsenal Set For Another Champions League-less Season