Chelsea fans appear to have stuck by Torres through-out his tough times with the club, but one wonders if his latest flurry of form is yet another false alarm.
If it does turn out to be another teaser to the Stamford Bridge faithful things could turn ugly for the Spaniard. Would the Chelsea fans stop supporting him? Would Di Matteo lose faith?
That said, Torres has shown his best form since his £50million move from Liverpool in 2011 with a run of goals stretched between the 2nd leg Semi Final match vs Barcelona in Chelsea’s incredible Champions league campaign ,up until the Community Shield against Man City.
If he does fail to produce the goals for Chelsea, the Blues would only have Sturridge to step up into the main striker void. I’m sure Di Matteo will be watching Torres closely in training and matches to see if he needs to sign up a new striker or if he can use Fernando.
- France v Germany – divided by history, united by choice
- Manchester City’s Aymeric Laporte wants a move to Barcelona
- Monday Briefing: Eriksen survives, England trio silence doubters, Lukaku makes statement
- England triumph over Croatia at Wembley in opening Euro 2020 group game
- Morning Mix: Eriksen incident reminds us what is important, England manager demonstrates leadership …
- Nuno Espirito Santo close to being appointed as new Everton manager
- Borussia Dortmund turn down Manchester United’s £67m offer for Jadon Sancho
- Euros ’84: Michel Platini – a lead violin in a sophisticated string quartet
- Manchester City not interested in selling Ilkay Gundogan
- Copa America 2021: Schedule, Preview & How to Watch