Tottenham Hotspur are reportedly close to sealing a deal for Pape Matar Sarr from Metz.
The 18-year-old joined the French outfit from Generation Foot academy last summer.
He enjoyed an impressive 2020-21 season for the Maroons, helping them finish tenth in the table.
The Senegalese footballer clocked up 25 appearances across all competitions last term, bagging four goals.
His performances attracted the attention of several European clubs, including Manchester United, Manchester City and Chelsea.
However, as per RMC Sport journalist Joris Crolbois, Tottenham Hotspur are now on the brink of signing the highly-rated midfielder.
The youngster’s transfer to the London side is ‘almost completed’, with the transfer fee set to be around £12.8 million.
Metz have recently dropped their price after meeting with the DNCG (the organisation responsible for monitoring and overseeing the accounts of French clubs).
Spurs are now close to sealing a deal for the 18-year-old, with the Londoners having to fork out an initial £8.5m plus £4.3m in add-ons.
Nuno Espirito Santo’s side made an impressive start to their new campaign, beating Manchester City 1-0 in their Premier League opener.
They are now set to lock horns with Wolverhampton Wanderers this weekend.
- Morning Mix: Leeds will come good, Villa showing there is life after Grealish
- 2021/22 Premier League Matchday 6: Preview & Predictions
- Suriname’s vice president sets record for oldest player to feature in international club compe…
- Angers and Marseille play out bleak 0-0 draw
- Marseille rise to second in Ligue 1 with 2-0 win over Rennes
- Tactical Analysis: Tottenham Hotspur’s positive defensive approach against Chelsea
- Morning Mix: Newcastle fans’ anger is justified, Guardiola comments were brainless
- 2021/22 Premier League Matchday 5: Preview & Predictions
- 10-man Lokomotiv Moscow snatch late point against Marseille
- Europa League 2021: Matchday 1 Predictions