Aston Villa are thought to be close to completing their first signing of the summer. Chelsea midfielder Steve Sidwell is said to be prepared to take a 50% wage reduction to move to the Midlands.
Sidwell only joined the Blues last summer from Reading, but has struggled to command a starting place in an already star packed Chelsea midfield.
A fee of around Â£4.5 should net the former Reading star which would still give Chelsea profit on last summer’s Bosman signing.
Further evidence of the transfer escalated tonight as Sidwell was left out of the Chelsea 18 for the Champions League final in Moscow.
- Juventus lining up cash-plus-player bid for Lyon’s Lucas Paqueta
- Kane & Salah to run the show in the 2022/23 Premier League Golden Boot race – or not?
- Most Successful Teams in England
- Premier League Pre-Season: Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton & Man City heading to the United States
- Inter Miami vs Barcelona: date, kick-off time & how to stream
- Darwin Nunez to Erling Haaland – top five transfers completed in June
- Five Teams Expected To Dominate At The 2022 World Cup
- Man Utd’s 2022/23 pre-season: fixtures, transfers & expectations
- 2022/23 Sky Bet EFL season: Key dates & facts
- Brazilian legend Dani Alves announces exit from Barcelona