Aston Villa are thought to be close to completing their first signing of the summer. Chelsea midfielder Steve Sidwell is said to be prepared to take a 50% wage reduction to move to the Midlands.
Sidwell only joined the Blues last summer from Reading, but has struggled to command a starting place in an already star packed Chelsea midfield.
A fee of around Â£4.5 should net the former Reading star which would still give Chelsea profit on last summer’s Bosman signing.
Further evidence of the transfer escalated tonight as Sidwell was left out of the Chelsea 18 for the Champions League final in Moscow.
- Morning Mix: Villa need more from Buendia, honeymoon period over for Benitez
- Top 7 highest goalscorers in El Clasico history
- Premier League Weekend Predictions – Matchday 9
- Barcelona vs Real Madrid: El Clasico Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Europa League Predictions – Matchday 3
- Steve Bruce leaves Newcastle United by mutual consent following Saudi-led consortium takeover
- Champions League Predictions – Matchday 3
- Marseille rise to third with 4-1 win over Lorient
- Morning Mix: Mendy the difference for Chelsea, Bruce criticism is fully justified
- Spain Under-21 men’s football team continue winning streak