What does it mean?
Firstly the takeover means that West Ham United have hopefully left all the financial trouble behind and can start to rebuild again. It also means that West Ham can move forward with a clear conscience and the team can hopefully be strengthened by the new owners. But this is where the problem lies. Newspaper reports say that Gianfranco Zola will have to sell the stars of the team to create his own money for transfers, but the owners say that they will make sure that Zola will get a transfer budget.
Who are they?
CB Holding are a group made up of three different Icelandic banks and they are in dire financial trouble but West Ham’s new Non-Executive Chairman Andrew Benrhardt still promises to give Zola a transfer budget to work with.
Andrew Bernhardt said,”We are all committed to a long-term vision. We are playing great football, have our Academy at the heart of the club and are looking to the past to move forward in the right way. I can assure all fans that I will never lose sight of this. I am determined to bring success to West Ham United.” This is good news and hopefully the club can move on finacially and table positionally.
What do I think?
I think that this is a good move by the Hammers and hopefully our long term future is now pretty much secure for a while even though CB Holding are not in the best financial position in the world. I also hope that we can spend some money on some good players but overall I think this is a step in the right direction however it is still not quite a GREAT thing!
- World Cup 2022 Predictions
- Tottenham Hotspur vs Leeds United: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Romania’s Enes Sali makes international debut at 15-years-old
- November International Break – Preview
- Morning Mix: City dominate woeful United, Palace’s Vieira gamble is paying dividends
- Premier League Weekend Predictions – Matchday 11
- Marseille and Lazio draw in the Europa League
- Europa League Predictions – Matchday 4
- Tactical Analysis: How Tottenham Hotspur might shape up under Antonio Conte
- Champions League Predictions – Matchday 4