Two goals from Chris Dickson and a third from Deon Burton gave Charlton a comfortable win in their first match of their Irish Tour. New signing Frazer Richardson was left out of the squad for last nights game but manager Phil Parkinson expects him to play some part of Wednesday’s match.
We opened the scoring 13 minutes in when a seemingly back in favour Izale McLeod was fouled in the box by their keeper and Deon Burton slotted home the penalty.
Although they were fitter and sharper our midfield took control of the match with Stavrinou, Wagstaff and Spring showing class in the centre of the park. Parkinson left it until the hour mark before bringing on the big guns with Jonjo Shelvey, Therry Racon, Lloyd Sam, Nicky Bailey and Chris Dickson coming on to strengthen the side.
Chris Dickson scored our second goal after 63 minutes when he volleyed home a volley from close range following a left wing cross and he completed the scoring three minutes from time when he showed great composure to slot the ball past Doyle.
3-0 am I happy yes! although we will face a lot better sides in the Coca Cola League we certainly performed much better than we did against Welling last Wednesday.
- Premier League Matchday 35 Predictions
- What it’s like supporting a Non-League club
- How Jose Mourinho’s arrival could see Roma’s new owners realise their ambitions
- Arsenal’s future on the line on Thursday
- A History of Fan Protests: From Liverpool to Barcelona
- UK sport backs social media boycott, but not everyone reads the memo
- We need to be loud not silent to end social media abuse
- The Big Six is dead – Long live the Big Five
- Match-fixing: When 7 Manchester United and Liverpool players were handed lifetime bans
- La Liga: Real Madrid, Barcelona, Atletico Madrid and Sevilla in tight, must-watch title race