Chinese international midfielder Zheng Zhi today left Charlton Athletic after turning down the clubs offer of a new contract. Unfortunately Zheng wanted to play at a higher level in football and due to our relegation to Coca Cola League One we were never going to be able to offer him that.
Since joining in 2006 Zheng played 70 matches and scored 11 goals and in my opinion only played well when it suited him which was far to infrequently!
Unfortunately he was injured a lot last season and I don’t see the club wanting to risk such high wages on someone who may not play a whole season.
For more information and the full story see http://www.cafc.co.uk/
- Premier League Matchday 35 Predictions
- What it’s like supporting a Non-League club
- How Jose Mourinho’s arrival could see Roma’s new owners realise their ambitions
- Arsenal’s future on the line on Thursday
- A History of Fan Protests: From Liverpool to Barcelona
- UK sport backs social media boycott, but not everyone reads the memo
- We need to be loud not silent to end social media abuse
- The Big Six is dead – Long live the Big Five
- Match-fixing: When 7 Manchester United and Liverpool players were handed lifetime bans
- La Liga: Real Madrid, Barcelona, Atletico Madrid and Sevilla in tight, must-watch title race