Maarten Stekelenburg is 25 years old and he plays as a goalkeeper for Ajax Amsterdam in the number 1 jersey. He was born in Haarlem on the 22nd September 1982, and is 1.97 metres tall and weighs 92 kilograms. Until the present, he has played professionally for just one team, Ajax, since 2001. Last season, he was part of the team that ranked 2nd in the Eredivisie.
Stekelenburg made his debut for the Netherlands on the 3rd September 2004 in a 3-0 win over Liechtenstein. Stekelenburg is the goalkeeper that will replace Edwin van der Sar as No 1 keeper for Holland, after the latter hangs up his boots from international football after Euro 2008. He has earned 12 caps until today. For Euro 2008, Maarten was called as backup and assigned the number 16.
Player Rating (out of 10) thanks to Goal.com:
Holland vs Italy: –
Holland vs France: –
Holland vs Romania: 6.5
Holland vs Russia: –
Latest Football Blogs
- Monday Briefing: Leicester a model club, goalscoring keepers & Barcelona in shambles
- Morning Mix: Henderson not the answer for United, Ndidi delivers a midfield masterclass
- The stories behind Leicester’s special FA Cup win
- UEFA Women’s Champions League: Last 5 finals
- Arsenal will take on Chelsea and Tottenham in a pre-season charity tournament
- 2021 FA Cup Final: Over land and sea (and Leicester)
- NFT’s: The next big thing within football?
- Review: Manchester City’s route to an emphatic Premier League title triumph
- Why media got the Jens Lehmann racism incident completely wrong
- Manchester City vs Chelsea: 2021 Champions League final preview