Joris Mathijsen is 28 years old and he plays in a centre-back position for German club Hamburg. He was born in Goirle on the 5th April 1980, and he is 1.82 metres tall and weighs 72 kilograms. Since starting his professional career in 1998, Mathijsen played for three clubs: Willem II, AZ Alkmaar and Hamburger SV. In the 2007/08 season, he was part of the HSV squad that ranked 4th in the German Bundesliga with 54 points, earning a place in the UEFA Cup First Round.
Mathijsen made his debut for the Netherlands on the 17th November 2004 in a 3-0 win over Andorra. He has featured regularly for Holland, starting 11 out of the 12 Euro 2008 qualifying matches, often being employed as a left centre-back, although he is right-footed. Ever since his debut, he has made 35 appearances for Holland in which he scored two goals. Marco van Basten allocated the number 4 jersey to Joris.
Player Rating (out of 10) thanks to Goal.com:
Holland vs Italy: 6.5
Holland vs France: 5.5
Holland vs Romania: –
Holland vs Russia: 4.5
- Juventus lining up cash-plus-player bid for Lyon’s Lucas Paqueta
- Kane & Salah to run the show in the 2022/23 Premier League Golden Boot race – or not?
- Most Successful Teams in England
- Premier League Pre-Season: Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton & Man City heading to the United States
- Inter Miami vs Barcelona: date, kick-off time & how to stream
- Darwin Nunez to Erling Haaland – top five transfers completed in June
- Five Teams Expected To Dominate At The 2022 World Cup
- Man Utd’s 2022/23 pre-season: fixtures, transfers & expectations
- 2022/23 Sky Bet EFL season: Key dates & facts
- Brazilian legend Dani Alves announces exit from Barcelona