Giovanni van Bronckhorst is 33 years old and he plays as left-back or left midfielder for Dutch club Feyenoord. He was born in Rotterdam on the 5th February 1975, and he is 1.78 metres tall and weighs 76 kilograms. Since starting his professional football career in 1993, Gio has played for five different clubs: RKC Waalwijk, Feyenoord (2 spells), Rangers, Arsenal and Barcelona. In the 2007/08 season, he was part of the Feyenoord squad that won the Dutch Cup, celebrating the clubâ€™s 100 years history.
Giovanni made his international debut in August 2006 and has since appeared in two World Cups (1998 and 2006) and three European Championships (2000, 2004 and 2008). He has earned 81 caps for Holland and scored 5 goals. These came in matches against South Africa (4 Jun 1997), Republic of Ireland (2 Sept 2000), Argentina (12 Feb 2003), Slovenia (28 Mar 2007) and against Italy in the Euro 2008 group stage in the 3-0 win on the 9th June. Van Basten gave Gio the number 5 shirt for the Euro 2008 campaign.
Player Rating (out of 10) thanks to Goal.com:
Holland vs Italy: 9
Holland vs France: 7
Holland vs Romania: –
Holland vs Russia: 6
- Juventus lining up cash-plus-player bid for Lyon’s Lucas Paqueta
- Kane & Salah to run the show in the 2022/23 Premier League Golden Boot race – or not?
- Most Successful Teams in England
- Premier League Pre-Season: Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton & Man City heading to the United States
- Inter Miami vs Barcelona: date, kick-off time & how to stream
- Darwin Nunez to Erling Haaland – top five transfers completed in June
- Five Teams Expected To Dominate At The 2022 World Cup
- Man Utd’s 2022/23 pre-season: fixtures, transfers & expectations
- 2022/23 Sky Bet EFL season: Key dates & facts
- Brazilian legend Dani Alves announces exit from Barcelona