Key Match to watch: Inter vs SienaÂ
Where will the scudetto head to?
Â Â Â Â Â Â or Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
With Inter losing the Milan derby, the title race in Italy has been re-opened with Roma only three points away from the ever leaders Inter. Today Inter play Siena while Roma play Atalanta. Siena have managed to surprise everyone by sneaking a 1-0 win against Juve last weekend as eveyone is now hoping that they manage to do the same feat against the nerazzuri. Roma meanwhile entertain Atalanta at home and after beating Samp luckily last week, they will now be more than happy to put themselves more than 100% in the match. A loss to Inter and three points to Roma can mean that the title will be decided again on the last matchday. This brings out memories of the 2002 scudetto when Inter lost the title on the last day of the season after losing to Lazio and Juve winning in the other match to go on and celebrate as the new champions.
The situation is not hot only at the top in Italy, as in the relegation zone, no teams have yet been declared relegated although Livorno are really risking alot. Empoli and Parma could get away from Serie B competition if they get things right today.
- Aston Villa want to secure a return for Ashley Young
- Premier League 2021/22: The dates to remember as fixtures are released
- Marko Arnautovic could be in trouble for alleged racist remarks
- France v Germany – divided by history, united by choice
- Manchester City’s Aymeric Laporte wants a move to Barcelona
- Monday Briefing: Eriksen survives, England trio silence doubters, Lukaku makes statement
- England triumph over Croatia at Wembley in opening Euro 2020 group game
- Morning Mix: Eriksen incident reminds us what is important, England manager demonstrates leadership …
- Nuno Espirito Santo close to being appointed as new Everton manager
- Borussia Dortmund turn down Manchester United’s £67m offer for Jadon Sancho