Orlando Engelaar is 28 years old and he plays as a left midfielder for FC Twente in the number 10 shirt. He was born on the 24th August 1979, and is 1.96 metres tall and weighs 90 kilograms. After being part of the Feyenoord youth academy between 1999 and 2000, Orlando signed his first professional contract at NAC Breda, and went on to play for KRC Genk and his present club FC Twente, which he joined in 2006. Engelaar is one of the tallest midfielders in the Dutch league, captains his club FC Twente and is very well known for his through passes, heading and passing abilities.
Orlando made his international debut on the 2nd June 2007 in a friendly against South Korea. Marco van Basten chose to include him in the squad for Euro 2008 and he played a major part in the countryâ€™s push for success. He featured in all four matches that Holland played before being eliminated by Russia, and he is one of just 4 players to do so. His performances have been very good and he is set to add to his 11 caps in future games and competitions. In Euro 2008, Engelaar played in the number 8 shirt.
Player Rating (out of 10) thanks to Goal.com:
Holland vs Italy: 7
Holland vs France: 5
Holland vs Romania: 7.5
Holland vs Russia: 6
- Juventus lining up cash-plus-player bid for Lyon’s Lucas Paqueta
- Kane & Salah to run the show in the 2022/23 Premier League Golden Boot race – or not?
- Most Successful Teams in England
- Premier League Pre-Season: Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton & Man City heading to the United States
- Inter Miami vs Barcelona: date, kick-off time & how to stream
- Darwin Nunez to Erling Haaland – top five transfers completed in June
- Five Teams Expected To Dominate At The 2022 World Cup
- Man Utd’s 2022/23 pre-season: fixtures, transfers & expectations
- 2022/23 Sky Bet EFL season: Key dates & facts
- Brazilian legend Dani Alves announces exit from Barcelona