Incredible drama in Zurich with Italy’s Gianluigi Buffon saving the world champions from being dumped out on Euro 2008 by Romania. Christian Panucci pulled down Daniel Niculae in the box and Adrian Mutu who had already scored for his team had his penalty saved, as Buffon went the right way and manages to get a hand and leg to the poweful shot.
Mutu put Romania ahead after a mix up in the Italian defence only for Panucci to equalise barely a minute later. Both teams are still in the tournament, Italy will be relieved after a scare and Romania disappointed, they might just have missed their chance, Mutu seemed to know that as he struggled to hold back tears as he was substituted near the end.
- Manchester United complete £73m transfer of Jadon Sancho
- MP calls for independent regulator for English football
- Manchester City willing to offer Raheem Sterling as part of deal for Harry Kane
- Emile Smith Rowe extends his stay at Arsenal by signing new contract
- Morning Mix: No excuses left for United next season, time to get tough with the racists
- Arsenal reach agreement with Brighton for Ben White
- Manchester City striker completes £11m move to Bundesliga club
- Atletico Madrid confirm signing of Rodrigo de Paul from Udinese
- Euro 2020 Knockouts Review: Italy’s dramatic success, Switzerland’s battles & much m…
- Morning Mix: Baddiel & Skinner ban is ludicrous, England set for toughest test