Incredible drama in Zurich with Italy’s Gianluigi Buffon saving the world champions from being dumped out on Euro 2008 by Romania. Christian Panucci pulled down Daniel Niculae in the box and Adrian Mutu who had already scored for his team had his penalty saved, as Buffon went the right way and manages to get a hand and leg to the poweful shot.
Mutu put Romania ahead after a mix up in the Italian defence only for Panucci to equalise barely a minute later. Both teams are still in the tournament, Italy will be relieved after a scare and Romania disappointed, they might just have missed their chance, Mutu seemed to know that as he struggled to hold back tears as he was substituted near the end.
- Juventus lining up cash-plus-player bid for Lyon’s Lucas Paqueta
- Kane & Salah to run the show in the 2022/23 Premier League Golden Boot race – or not?
- Most Successful Teams in England
- Premier League Pre-Season: Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton & Man City heading to the United States
- Inter Miami vs Barcelona: date, kick-off time & how to stream
- Darwin Nunez to Erling Haaland – top five transfers completed in June
- Five Teams Expected To Dominate At The 2022 World Cup
- Man Utd’s 2022/23 pre-season: fixtures, transfers & expectations
- 2022/23 Sky Bet EFL season: Key dates & facts
- Brazilian legend Dani Alves announces exit from Barcelona