Palmeiras played against Gremio Barueri last Sunday, and tied 2-2:
This game brought good and bad news for Palmeiras’ fans.
The good news is that Luxemburgo decided to play with a 4-2-2-2 formation. with Diego Souza and Cleiton Xavier as attacking midfielders and Keirrison and Obina as strikers, letting go the defensive 3-5-2 he was choosing for the team.
Not only that, Palmeiras’ goals was scored by Obina, who didn’t score in the past 6 months wearing Flamengo’s shirt (Obina was loaned to Palmeiras last week) and Keirrison, who didn’t score in the last five matches.
In other hands, the bad news is that Palmeiras’ defense looks week with only two central defenders, giving away the Barueri’s goals. This fact can make Luxemburgo change again the tactics, choosing a more defensive one.
Luxemburgo should not change the team tactics every game, at least until Palmeiras get some team work and playing style, which is lacking in these past games.
- Lens hand Marseille their first defeat of the season
- Morning Mix: Leeds will come good, Villa showing there is life after Grealish
- 2021/22 Premier League Matchday 6: Preview & Predictions
- Suriname’s vice president sets record for oldest player to feature in international club compe…
- Angers and Marseille play out bleak 0-0 draw
- Marseille rise to second in Ligue 1 with 2-0 win over Rennes
- Tactical Analysis: Tottenham Hotspur’s positive defensive approach against Chelsea
- Morning Mix: Newcastle fans’ anger is justified, Guardiola comments were brainless
- 2021/22 Premier League Matchday 5: Preview & Predictions
- 10-man Lokomotiv Moscow snatch late point against Marseille