Palmeiras played against Gremio Barueri last Sunday, and tied 2-2:
This game brought good and bad news for Palmeiras’ fans.
The good news is that Luxemburgo decided to play with a 4-2-2-2 formation. with Diego Souza and Cleiton Xavier as attacking midfielders and Keirrison and Obina as strikers, letting go the defensive 3-5-2 he was choosing for the team.
Not only that, Palmeiras’ goals was scored by Obina, who didn’t score in the past 6 months wearing Flamengo’s shirt (Obina was loaned to Palmeiras last week) and Keirrison, who didn’t score in the last five matches.
In other hands, the bad news is that Palmeiras’ defense looks week with only two central defenders, giving away the Barueri’s goals. This fact can make Luxemburgo change again the tactics, choosing a more defensive one.
Luxemburgo should not change the team tactics every game, at least until Palmeiras get some team work and playing style, which is lacking in these past games.
- Darwin Nunez to Erling Haaland – top five transfers completed in June
- Five Teams Expected To Dominate At The 2022 World Cup
- Man Utd’s 2022/23 pre-season: fixtures, transfers & expectations
- 2022/23 Sky Bet EFL season: Key dates & facts
- Brazilian legend Dani Alves announces exit from Barcelona
- Manchester United keen to sign Christian Eriksen on a free transfer
- Darren Bent offers his view on Liverpool’s interest in Paul Pogba
- 2021/22 Champions League end of season awards: Best player, best manager, and more
- Premier League season review: Who ran the show in 2021/22?
- Arsenal Set For Another Champions League-less Season