Palmeiras failed to achieve victory in the second game of the national competition:
Internacional is one of the favorites for the title this year, so it was the first duel against a possible enemy in the future of the championship.
Palmeiras did not play well, creating not many opportunities, and not scoring the ones the team had been created. After scoring in the 10th minute, Internacional (which was playing with some reserves) had no much trouble to secure the result.
Luxemburgo tried to play in counter-attacks, and failed again. This was the third time the team entered with a defensive formation, and only when the other team didn’t attack much (against Colo-Colo, for the Libertadores) Palmeiras managed to win. Palmeiras’ tactics have been failed to defense very well, and Palmeiras has not been able to catch-up after been behind in the score. It happened in the last two matches of Palmeiras, against Sport and Internacional.
Palmeiras’ next game will be against São Paulo, next Sunday. Palmeiras’ coach guaranteed that he will not use reserves, even having the first leg of the quarter-finals of Libertadores da América on the following Wednesday.
- Morning Mix: Tottenham star has a point to prove, Chile have an unlikely hero
- Tottenham Hotspur will not appoint Gennaro Gattuso as their new manager
- AC Milan sign Fikayo Tomori from Chelsea in £30m deal
- Tactical Analysis: Why Italy seem to be the most well-rounded side in the Euros
- Aston Villa want to secure a return for Ashley Young
- Premier League 2021/22: The dates to remember as fixtures are released
- Marko Arnautovic could be in trouble for alleged racist remarks
- France v Germany – divided by history, united by choice
- Manchester City’s Aymeric Laporte wants a move to Barcelona
- Monday Briefing: Eriksen survives, England trio silence doubters, Lukaku makes statement