Palmeiras failed to achieve victory in the second game of the national competition:
Internacional is one of the favorites for the title this year, so it was the first duel against a possible enemy in the future of the championship.
Palmeiras did not play well, creating not many opportunities, and not scoring the ones the team had been created. After scoring in the 10th minute, Internacional (which was playing with some reserves) had no much trouble to secure the result.
Luxemburgo tried to play in counter-attacks, and failed again. This was the third time the team entered with a defensive formation, and only when the other team didn’t attack much (against Colo-Colo, for the Libertadores) Palmeiras managed to win. Palmeiras’ tactics have been failed to defense very well, and Palmeiras has not been able to catch-up after been behind in the score. It happened in the last two matches of Palmeiras, against Sport and Internacional.
Palmeiras’ next game will be against São Paulo, next Sunday. Palmeiras’ coach guaranteed that he will not use reserves, even having the first leg of the quarter-finals of Libertadores da América on the following Wednesday.
- Morning Mix: Mendy the difference for Chelsea, Bruce criticism is fully justified
- Spain Under-21 men’s football team continue winning streak
- 5 talking points from England’s draw with Hungary
- Morning Mix: Newcastle rebuild will take time, Rodgers faces first big test at Leicester
- Kylian Mbappé ‘asked to leave’ PSG amidst Real Madrid interest in summer
- Claudio Ranieri returns to Premier League as he is appointed Watford head coach
- Atalanta 2-3 AC Milan: La Dea’s comeback attempt is too late as the Rossoneri impress in Bergamo
- Lille continue resurgence with victory over Marseille
- Morning Mix: United need Conte’s tactical nous, Chilwell gives Chelsea boss a headache
- Liverpool vs Manchester City: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups