Palmeiras and São Paulo tied the first derby of the city in the Campeonato Brasileiro:
That was surely the game of the goalkeepers: maintaining the hot-streak, Marcos saved Palmeiras several times, not much different from São Paulo goalkeeper Denis, who was doing his first game as a first-eleven player, since Rogério Ceni and Bosco are injured.
Palmeiras made a poor first half, but when Luxemburgo decided to put Lenny, a second striker, Palmeiras played better. I hope this make Luxemburgo start next game more offensively. I think that was penalty in Diego Souza, but there’s no point in arguing about the referee.
In the end, the draw makes both teams happy, since they have a game of Libertadores da America this Wednesday. That may be why both teams took not many chances.
- Morning Mix: Tottenham star has a point to prove, Chile have an unlikely hero
- Tottenham Hotspur will not appoint Gennaro Gattuso as their new manager
- AC Milan sign Fikayo Tomori from Chelsea in £30m deal
- Tactical Analysis: Why Italy seem to be the most well-rounded side in the Euros
- Aston Villa want to secure a return for Ashley Young
- Premier League 2021/22: The dates to remember as fixtures are released
- Marko Arnautovic could be in trouble for alleged racist remarks
- France v Germany – divided by history, united by choice
- Manchester City’s Aymeric Laporte wants a move to Barcelona
- Monday Briefing: Eriksen survives, England trio silence doubters, Lukaku makes statement