Palmeiras and São Paulo tied the first derby of the city in the Campeonato Brasileiro:
That was surely the game of the goalkeepers: maintaining the hot-streak, Marcos saved Palmeiras several times, not much different from São Paulo goalkeeper Denis, who was doing his first game as a first-eleven player, since Rogério Ceni and Bosco are injured.
Palmeiras made a poor first half, but when Luxemburgo decided to put Lenny, a second striker, Palmeiras played better. I hope this make Luxemburgo start next game more offensively. I think that was penalty in Diego Souza, but there’s no point in arguing about the referee.
In the end, the draw makes both teams happy, since they have a game of Libertadores da America this Wednesday. That may be why both teams took not many chances.
- Lens hand Marseille their first defeat of the season
- Morning Mix: Leeds will come good, Villa showing there is life after Grealish
- 2021/22 Premier League Matchday 6: Preview & Predictions
- Suriname’s vice president sets record for oldest player to feature in international club compe…
- Angers and Marseille play out bleak 0-0 draw
- Marseille rise to second in Ligue 1 with 2-0 win over Rennes
- Tactical Analysis: Tottenham Hotspur’s positive defensive approach against Chelsea
- Morning Mix: Newcastle fans’ anger is justified, Guardiola comments were brainless
- 2021/22 Premier League Matchday 5: Preview & Predictions
- 10-man Lokomotiv Moscow snatch late point against Marseille