Injured Cannavaro had decided to stay on and reel his team-mates forward to get success from the Euros and his intentions are clear. Spanish Prim Minister Zapatero believes that Spain will beat Italy 3-2 on Sunday, whilst the Italian Captain believes Italy will win 1-0. Well obvious for both to say that they will win or else they would have no pride at all.
â€œI have a different opinion to Zapatero,â€ the 34-year-old stated.
â€œHe thinks that Spain will win 3-2 and I believe Italy will win 1-0.”
â€œThey have more individual quality than us, but we have a better group solidarity. We are more of a team and that is our winning weapon.â€
Italy have shown they play well when they play as a team and when they are mentally boosted and this was seen during the 2006 World Cup when the Calciopoli scandal did nothing more than push the Italians forward to prove their worth. Now Italy are stronger than ever rallied on by their injured captain and will do everything to beat Spain on Sunday.
Spanish Prime Minister wronged by Cannavaro
Latest Football Blogs
- Monday Briefing: Leicester a model club, Goalscoring Keepers & Barcelona in shambles
- Morning Mix: Henderson not the answer for United, Ndidi delivers a midfield masterclass
- The stories behind Leicester’s special FA Cup win
- UEFA Women’s Champions League: Last 5 finals
- Arsenal will take on Chelsea and Tottenham in a pre-season charity tournament
- 2021 FA Cup Final: Over land and sea (and Leicester)
- NFT’s: The next big thing within football?
- Review: Manchester City’s route to an emphatic Premier League title triumph
- Why media got the Jens Lehmann racism incident completely wrong
- Manchester City vs Chelsea: 2021 Champions League final preview