Adrian Mariappa is believed to be on the radar of many Championship teams according to reports.
The Watford defender’s contract expires at the end of the season and with no deal currently being lined up for the 23 year old, various Championship sides are believed to be monitoring the situation.
Of course an added bonus for any team looking to take on Mariappa would be the fact that they could take him on a free transfer.
Mariappa has excelled in both the centre of defence and on the right hand side of defence this season. Manager Brendan Rodgers is believed to be keen on keeping the youngster; however if a deal is not agreed then it appears Mariappa will be playing his football elsewhere next season.
As Mariappa is yet to turn 24, any suitors would have to pay Watford compensation for his services, however this is unlikely to cause any problems.
- Juventus lining up cash-plus-player bid for Lyon’s Lucas Paqueta
- Kane & Salah to run the show in the 2022/23 Premier League Golden Boot race – or not?
- Most Successful Teams in England
- Premier League Pre-Season: Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton & Man City heading to the United States
- Inter Miami vs Barcelona: date, kick-off time & how to stream
- Darwin Nunez to Erling Haaland – top five transfers completed in June
- Five Teams Expected To Dominate At The 2022 World Cup
- Man Utd’s 2022/23 pre-season: fixtures, transfers & expectations
- 2022/23 Sky Bet EFL season: Key dates & facts
- Brazilian legend Dani Alves announces exit from Barcelona