Crystal Palace have today confirmed the signing of Kagisho Dikgacoi on a three year contract for an undisclosed fee believed to be £600,000.
The barnstorming South African, 26, played two games at the World Cup last year and will now certainly be adding to his 13 appearances for the Eagles in the coming months.
With a sole, calamitous goal to his name (without a clue where the ball was he unknowingly spun and back heeled the ball into the bottom corner against Cardiff), KG looks to bounce back from his unsuccessful stint at Fulham.
Dougie Freedman had said that KG is ‘happy to play for Palace and that he is his kind of player’.
With Dougie building his own side following last seasons splendid home turnaround, each and every fan has full faith that the popular Scot can again keep the team from being relegated and push Palace forwards and up the league ladder.
Robert Earnshaw and Anthony Gardener, as well as Patrick Kisnorbo and Shaun Derry have been rumoured to be signing, but nevertheless, KG is one signing that not only tightens up our threadbare midfield, but signals that more are perhaps to come before the Peterborough opener on August 6th.
- Morning Mix: Arsenal boss under pressure, Tuchel proves his worth
- The race for the top four: Will Leicester slip up again?
- Premier League Matchday 35 Predictions
- What it’s like supporting a Non-League club
- How Jose Mourinho’s arrival could see Roma’s new owners realise their ambitions
- Arsenal’s future on the line on Thursday
- A History of Fan Protests: From Liverpool to Barcelona
- UK sport backs social media boycott, but not everyone reads the memo
- We need to be loud not silent to end social media abuse
- The Big Six is dead – Long live the Big Five