It’s been ten years since Leeds were last in the promise land and the household name is beginning to die down, yet every year fans have great optimism for the season ahead and this year there has been little change. The difference this season is that four games in the hope has risen and people believe we have a great chance of reaching the play offs and some are even considering an automatic place.
I’m no way against fan positivity but lets not get ahead of ourselves yet, yes we are unbeaten but we haven’t really been tested, the games we’ve played this season have been, arguably, against teams I would expect us to yet results from with the squad we have.
Although the wins against Brighton and Ipswich have impressed me, apart from a bore draw against Leicester we have still yet to play any team currently above us or around us.
The real showdown starts on Saturday with a tough game against promotion favourites QPR at Elland Road, this game will really test our resilience and creativity in many aspects. QPR have made a solid start but I still don’t believe they’re at there best yet and have weaknesses we can exploit. They lack pace in defence and the likes of Ross McCormack and Dominic Poleon can really take it to them, and big Matt Smith is always a problem in the air. Also, with the creativity and spark of Luke Murphy we can get that extra edge over a Rangers midfield.
A big game at Elland Road always makes for a terrific atmosphere and Queens Park Rangers is a big game for us. With the likes of Wooten and Mowatt coming into the squad will give us the pace we lacked in pre season.
My score prediction is a 2:1 Leeds win with McCormack and Smith scoring the goals.
If you’re going to the game or watching it live on Sky Sports, I hope you enjoy a whites win! MOT
Written by: Grace Garland
- Darwin Nunez to Erling Haaland – top five transfers completed in June
- Five Teams Expected To Dominate At The 2022 World Cup
- Man Utd’s 2022/23 pre-season: fixtures, transfers & expectations
- 2022/23 Sky Bet EFL season: Key dates & facts
- Brazilian legend Dani Alves announces exit from Barcelona
- Manchester United keen to sign Christian Eriksen on a free transfer
- Darren Bent offers his view on Liverpool’s interest in Paul Pogba
- 2021/22 Champions League end of season awards: Best player, best manager, and more
- Premier League season review: Who ran the show in 2021/22?
- Arsenal Set For Another Champions League-less Season