Leicester City have officially announced the signing of Patson Daka from Red Bull Salzburg in a deal worth £23 million.
The 22-year-old, who has been with Salzburg since 2017, has penned a five-year deal with the Foxes.
Liverpool were also linked with a move for the talented forward but the East Midlands outfit have secured his services.
Leicester looked good candidates to finish in the top four last season but missed out on the Champions League spots with Liverpool and Chelsea finishing ahead of them.
However, they clinched their first FA Cup title last campaign, beating Thomas Tuchel’s side 1-0 at Wembley Stadium.
Brendan Rodgers’ side will be aiming to improve next season and Daka could help them acheive their aims.
He enjoyed an impressive 2020/21 campaign with the Austrian side, bagging 34 goals and 12 assists in 42 appearances across all competitions.
The Zambia international made 125 appearances for Salzburg, notching 68 goals and 27 assists.
- Premier League: Tottenham Hotspur vs Newcastle United preview, prediction & team news
- New Face of Adidas Predator Boots – Are They Moving Beyond Nostalgia as a Selling Point?￼
- ￼What modifications have been made to Premier League rules in 2023/24?
- The Rise and Effectiveness of the 4-3-3 Formation in Modern Football
- Serie A: Juventus vs Inter Milan Preview and Prediction
- Best games to watch during the international break
- The Most Innovative Treatments for Football Injuries
- Best EFL Cup games to watch this week
- European Championship 2024: November qualifiers preview
- Top Five Bets For Premier League Weekend