Leicester City have today completed the signing of 20 year old French Winger Anthony Knockaert, from Ligue 2 side Guingamp.
The news of this unexpected signing filtered through this morning, as many French media outlets stated that Leicester City had completed the signing of the highly rated Knockaert. Early this afternoon Guingamp officially confirmed the move on their official website, as well as the player himself on his official facebook page. Knockaert is Nigel Pearson’s sixth signing of the summer transfer window.
The 20 year old had previously been linked with big summer moves, to the likes of Newcastle United, Montpellier and Benfica. After being linked with those clubs, this move is somewhat of a coup for Npower Championship side Leicester City.
Knockaert is a highly rated winger, who has a bright future ahead of him. He is also capable on playing either wing, as well as leading the line as a forward, he will give Leicester City numerous options this season.
A signing for the ladies I think…
- Morning Mix: Arsenal boss under pressure, Tuchel proves his worth
- The race for the top four: Will Leicester slip up again?
- Premier League Matchday 35 Predictions
- What it’s like supporting a Non-League club
- How Jose Mourinho’s arrival could see Roma’s new owners realise their ambitions
- Arsenal’s future on the line on Thursday
- A History of Fan Protests: From Liverpool to Barcelona
- UK sport backs social media boycott, but not everyone reads the memo
- We need to be loud not silent to end social media abuse
- The Big Six is dead – Long live the Big Five