Manchester United were tentatively linked with Leon Goretzka earlier this summer, but the midfielder has agreed a new deal with Bayern Munich.
The 26-year-old was touted as a potential replacement for Paul Pogba, with the Frenchman yet to sign a new contract with United.
However, as per Florian Plettenberg, the German international is set to sign a new deal that will keep him with Bayern until 2026.
According to Fabrizio Romano, United were never close to signing Goretzka but he didn’t dismiss links with the player.
He was part of Joachim Low’s squad for the European Championships, bagging one goal in three appearances.
After Germany’s exit from the competition in the round of 16, he returned to Bayern to play under new manager Julian Nagelsmann.
The talented midfielder featured in the league opener against Borussia Monchengladbach, before helping the Bavarians to a 3-1 win over Borussia Dortmund to lift the German Super Cup.
- Premier League season review: Who ran the show in 2021/22?
- Arsenal Set For Another Champions League-less Season
- Aston Villa set to sign Phillipe Coutinho permanently
- Arsenal vs Leeds United Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Inter Closing in on Juventus Marksman Paulo Dybala
- Man City vs Real Madrid highlights European action in midweek
- Lazio vs Milan Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Arsenal vs Manchester United: Everything you need to know
- Liverpool vs Manchester United Preview & Major Transfer Updates
- Sports News roundup: Man Utd chase Pogba successor, Chelsea takeover and Salah’s future at Liv…