Manchester United were tentatively linked with Leon Goretzka earlier this summer, but the midfielder has agreed a new deal with Bayern Munich.
The 26-year-old was touted as a potential replacement for Paul Pogba, with the Frenchman yet to sign a new contract with United.
However, as per Florian Plettenberg, the German international is set to sign a new deal that will keep him with Bayern until 2026.
According to Fabrizio Romano, United were never close to signing Goretzka but he didn’t dismiss links with the player.
He was part of Joachim Low’s squad for the European Championships, bagging one goal in three appearances.
After Germany’s exit from the competition in the round of 16, he returned to Bayern to play under new manager Julian Nagelsmann.
The talented midfielder featured in the league opener against Borussia Monchengladbach, before helping the Bavarians to a 3-1 win over Borussia Dortmund to lift the German Super Cup.
- Suriname’s vice president sets record for oldest player to feature in international club compe…
- Angers and Marseille play out bleak 0-0 draw
- Marseille rise to second in Ligue 1 with 2-0 win over Rennes
- Tactical Analysis: Tottenham Hotspur’s positive defensive approach against Chelsea
- Morning Mix: Newcastle fans’ anger is justified, Guardiola comments were brainless
- 2021/22 Premier League Matchday 5: Preview & Predictions
- 10-man Lokomotiv Moscow snatch late point against Marseille
- Europa League 2021: Matchday 1 Predictions
- Champions League Preview: Liverpool vs AC Milan
- The 2021/22 Football Betting Guide