Kevin Blackwell’s summer recruitment drive has recieved a boost after it emerged that Lee Martin would welcome a return to Sheffield United.
Manchester United winger Martin, 21, spent a period last season on loan at Bramall Lane which was largely hampered by injury. Despite this, Martin insists that he would welcome a return to Sheffield. “I’m still at (Manchester) United and it’s a matter of going back on the first of July and speaking to the gaffer,” Martin told the Yorkshire Evening Post.
“It’s all up in the air and nothing has been said yet. It’s a bit weird and just a waiting game at the minute. I enjoyed my time at Sheffield United and would definitely go back if an offer came in. But it’s out of my hands.”
Martin was brought to United by Bryan Robson before he left and was replaced by Kevin Blackwell – a man he believes is capable of delivering The Blades promotion.”They definitely have a great chance. I think they have got one of the strongest squads in the Championship and with the gaffer, Kevin Blackwell, they’ve got a really talented manager,” Martin said.
“It’s a massive club which belongs in the Premiership.
“They know they have to get there next season and after such a strong finish under Kevin they will fancy their chances.”
- Europa League Predictions – Matchday 3
- Steve Bruce leaves Newcastle United by mutual consent following Saudi-led consortium takeover
- Champions League Predictions – Matchday 3
- Marseille rise to third with 4-1 win over Lorient
- Morning Mix: Mendy the difference for Chelsea, Bruce criticism is fully justified
- Spain Under-21 men’s football team continue winning streak
- 5 talking points from England’s draw with Hungary
- Morning Mix: Newcastle rebuild will take time, Rodgers faces first big test at Leicester
- Kylian Mbappé ‘asked to leave’ PSG amidst Real Madrid interest in summer
- Claudio Ranieri returns to Premier League as he is appointed Watford head coach