Reports in the North East media have distanced James Beattie away from a move to Sunderland. Sheffield United’s leading scorer last season had been linked with a Â£5m move to the Stadium of Light as Roy Keane searches for cover for Kenwyne Jones.
Going nowhere: Beattie.
But today Blades manager Kevin Blackwell confirmed that he has recieved no interest or offers for any of his squad, and Sunderland sources suggest that Keane has cooled his interest in former England striker Beattie.
- Premier League Matchday 35 Predictions
- What it’s like supporting a Non-League club
- How Jose Mourinho’s arrival could see Roma’s new owners realise their ambitions
- Arsenal’s future on the line on Thursday
- A History of Fan Protests: From Liverpool to Barcelona
- UK sport backs social media boycott, but not everyone reads the memo
- We need to be loud not silent to end social media abuse
- The Big Six is dead – Long live the Big Five
- Match-fixing: When 7 Manchester United and Liverpool players were handed lifetime bans
- La Liga: Real Madrid, Barcelona, Atletico Madrid and Sevilla in tight, must-watch title race