Sheffield United’s hopes of promotion have been boosted after it was announced that Kevin Blackwell will be handed a substantial transfer kitty by plc chairman Kevin McCabe.
Chairman McCabe earlier this week pledged to make up to Â£10m available, a majority of which has been earmarked for improving the first team squad.
If the plan is approved by United’s major shareholders, Blackwell will be handed the investment to strengthen his first team squad – but it is understood that the Blades chief will resist the temptation to make wholesale changes, preferring instead to concentrate on targeting specific individuals that will strengthen United’s chances of regaining top flight status.
- World Cup 2022 Predictions
- Tottenham Hotspur vs Leeds United: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Romania’s Enes Sali makes international debut at 15-years-old
- November International Break – Preview
- Morning Mix: City dominate woeful United, Palace’s Vieira gamble is paying dividends
- Premier League Weekend Predictions – Matchday 11
- Marseille and Lazio draw in the Europa League
- Europa League Predictions – Matchday 4
- Tactical Analysis: How Tottenham Hotspur might shape up under Antonio Conte
- Champions League Predictions – Matchday 4