Gillingham start their League Two campaign away at theÂ Fitness First Stadium where they play AFC Bournemouth, whoÂ got relegated along with the GillsÂ from League One last season.
However, the Cherries haveÂ been dealt a killer blow ahead of theÂ new season after being docked 17 points by the Football League for failing to come out of administration via the compulsory CVA (Company Voluntary Agreement). They become the third team in League Two to startÂ the season in negative figures afterÂ Rotherham United were docked 17 points and Luton Town 30 points.
Gillingham haveÂ a full squad to choose fromÂ ahead of their season opener away to Bournemouth,Â after injury conerns Mark McCammon (hamstring), Gary Mulligan (ankle) and Nicky Southall (groin) have all been declared fit for Saturday’s game.
As well as seeing a league debut for Mark McCammon, Saturday’s match will also see loanee Curtis Weston make his Gillingham debut after he joined the club on a one-month loan from League One side Leeds United.
- 2021/22 Premier League Matchday 6: Preview & Predictions
- Suriname’s vice president sets record for oldest player to feature in international club compe…
- Angers and Marseille play out bleak 0-0 draw
- Marseille rise to second in Ligue 1 with 2-0 win over Rennes
- Tactical Analysis: Tottenham Hotspur’s positive defensive approach against Chelsea
- Morning Mix: Newcastle fans’ anger is justified, Guardiola comments were brainless
- 2021/22 Premier League Matchday 5: Preview & Predictions
- 10-man Lokomotiv Moscow snatch late point against Marseille
- Europa League 2021: Matchday 1 Predictions
- Champions League Preview: Liverpool vs AC Milan