Romania made a promising start to Euro 2008, with a 0-0 draw with France in Group C. The game itself was most likely the worst of the tournament so far, with a cagey opening from both teams, the game failed to burst into life and Romania restricted France to half chances, the best of which fell to Nicolas Anelka, who headed over Franck Riberys cross in the first half.
Romania’s best chance came from a Mutu freekick in the second half, he had been felled by Sagnol, but he couldn’t get his kick round the wall. The yellow shirts were well supported in the stands at the Letzigrund Stadion with vocal Romanian fans.
Latest Football Blogs
- Monday Briefing: Leicester a model club, Goalscoring Keepers & Barcelona in shambles
- Morning Mix: Henderson not the answer for United, Ndidi delivers a midfield masterclass
- The stories behind Leicester’s special FA Cup win
- UEFA Women’s Champions League: Last 5 finals
- Arsenal will take on Chelsea and Tottenham in a pre-season charity tournament
- 2021 FA Cup Final: Over land and sea (and Leicester)
- NFT’s: The next big thing within football?
- Review: Manchester City’s route to an emphatic Premier League title triumph
- Why media got the Jens Lehmann racism incident completely wrong
- Manchester City vs Chelsea: 2021 Champions League final preview