As yet another action packed, tear jerking weekend of football dawns upon us the fight for relegation could well be settled this weekend. My beloved Sunderland AFC have once again crumbled under the pressure of expectation and to the fans dismay find themselves embroiled in yet another heart aching relegation scrap. But for all the pain and anguish the wearside faithful have endured this season, it could well end this Sunday afternoon. The Black Cats host a weakened Everton side which will clearly have one eye on the FA cup final, this opportunity must be taken and if we manage to secure the 3 vital points then i am sure our destiny will belong in the top flight for at least another season.
When measuring the importance of Sundays fixture, all wearsiders only have to look down upon their fierce rivals Newcastle and Middlesbrough. Newcastle travel to anfield with a misfiring attack force, with very little confidence to boot. The likelyhood is that they will lose relatively comfortably to Liverpool. On the other hand Boro play host to the quite breathtaking Manchester United at the riverside stadium, which again appears to be more than a formality for the Mancs. That would mean we would have 38 points with 3 games remaining, seven points clear of the bottom three.
Can Sunderland do it? Of couse they can………!
- Premier League Matchday 35 Predictions
- What it’s like supporting a Non-League club
- How Jose Mourinho’s arrival could see Roma’s new owners realise their ambitions
- Arsenal’s future on the line on Thursday
- A History of Fan Protests: From Liverpool to Barcelona
- UK sport backs social media boycott, but not everyone reads the memo
- We need to be loud not silent to end social media abuse
- The Big Six is dead – Long live the Big Five
- Match-fixing: When 7 Manchester United and Liverpool players were handed lifetime bans
- La Liga: Real Madrid, Barcelona, Atletico Madrid and Sevilla in tight, must-watch title race