Geoff Horsfield is also reportedly on the verge of a move across the city to Sheffield Wednesday, and if the deal is completed no doubt the Horse will encounter the biggest lowering of standards since Naomi Campbell was sentenced to community service.
Geoff Horsfield: Realises the stench of the sty is too much for him.
On a similar note, our Sheffield derby against our porcine neighbours has been rearranged for Sunday, October 19 with an 1.15pm kick off at Hillsborough. The match will be screened live on Sky Sports.
Rumours that the switch occured to avoid clashes with Hillsborough Hog Day (www.hogdays.com) are as yet unfounded, but BlogsFC will bring you the word when it comes out – all press releases are on hold whilst Brian Laws is on holiday at Shavehead Lake. Wednesday’s press department did release a holiday snap of Laws to appease the media:
Laws‘ new streetwise style coud be a hit with the fans
- Europa League Predictions – Matchday 3
- Steve Bruce leaves Newcastle United by mutual consent following Saudi-led consortium takeover
- Champions League Predictions – Matchday 3
- Marseille rise to third with 4-1 win over Lorient
- Morning Mix: Mendy the difference for Chelsea, Bruce criticism is fully justified
- Spain Under-21 men’s football team continue winning streak
- 5 talking points from England’s draw with Hungary
- Morning Mix: Newcastle rebuild will take time, Rodgers faces first big test at Leicester
- Kylian Mbappé ‘asked to leave’ PSG amidst Real Madrid interest in summer
- Claudio Ranieri returns to Premier League as he is appointed Watford head coach