With many rumors circulating Ewood Park this week, such as fans planning to protest, fans planning to boycott the match and it maybe Paul Ince’s last game in charge, who knows what is going to happen today down at Ewood Park,
Blackburn team news: Zurab Khizanishvili is ruled out with a groin injury, but defender Chris Samba has recovered from illness. Thats it really so pretty much the same team which played United mid-week
Liverpool team news: Without injured pair Fernando Torres (oh yesssssss!) and Fabio Aurelio.
Here a few facts that are pretty dismal about us:
1. Lost last four in league and cup, and only one win in 11 in all competitions; 1-2, away to Sunderland in the Carling Cup fourth round on 12 November.
2. Two points off the foot, and two points from safety.
3. Not lost five Premier League matches on the bounce for over five years. Succumbed to Fulham (h), Leeds (a), Charlton (h), Southampton (a) and Leicester (a) between 28 September and 2 November 2003 in a season when we finished 15th.
4. One draw shy of 150 all-time in the Premier League.
5. Paul Ince’s 16th Premier League game in charge. Already lost eight, and won only three.
6. Picked up three points from a last possible 27 since beating Newcastle 1-2 at St James’ Park on 27 September.
7. Lost last three against ‘Big Four’ clubs, all this season. Failed to score in all three and conceding a total of eight goals, against Arsenal , Manchester United and Chelsea – all at Ewood Park.
8. No win in 14 against ‘Big Four’ clubs, since defeating Liverpool 1-0 on Boxing Day 2006; only victory in 19 against the quartet of Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Manchester United.
9. Won one, drawn one and lost one of three top-flight North-West derbies this season. The victory was a 2-3 opening day triumph at Everton.
Blackburn: Robinson, Simpson, Nelsen, Samba, Olsson, Warnock, Andrews, Mokoena, Pedersen, Santa Cruz, Derbyshire
Liverpool: Reina, Arbeloa, Carragher, Hyypia, Dossena, Benayoun, Gerrard, Alonso, Riera, Kuyt, Keane
I don;t think we have a chance tomorrow as far as a result is concerned but i do think it will be able to lift the fans if the team shows a lot more determination and spirit that it has been doing but if not i think Paul Ince has to go straight after the game if we get torn to shreads.
Predicted result: Blackburn 1-3 Liverpool
- Darwin Nunez to Erling Haaland – top five transfers completed in June
- Five Teams Expected To Dominate At The 2022 World Cup
- Man Utd’s 2022/23 pre-season: fixtures, transfers & expectations
- 2022/23 Sky Bet EFL season: Key dates & facts
- Brazilian legend Dani Alves announces exit from Barcelona
- Manchester United keen to sign Christian Eriksen on a free transfer
- Darren Bent offers his view on Liverpool’s interest in Paul Pogba
- 2021/22 Champions League end of season awards: Best player, best manager, and more
- Premier League season review: Who ran the show in 2021/22?
- Arsenal Set For Another Champions League-less Season