Well, as you may have guessed today we play Portsmouth at Fratton Park which has been quite a happy place for us over the past few years as we are pursuing a fourth win in six games at Fratton Park. Last season, we beat them 1-0 with a Santa Cruz goal and hopefully we will try and do the same again.
The Blackburn team news is that Martin Olsson is out with a ban after his deserved red card last week and Grella and Dunn are still injured.
The Portsmouth team news it that Defoe and Krajcar are back from injury which is bad because Defoe always scores against us. Campbell and Kanu are also injured,
Here are Paul Ince’s latest comments:
“We need to be sensible and we don’t need to panic in the face of adversity.”
“I feel we will start to get a settled side now. We’ve got a lot of games coming up and we need to start picking up some points.
“The more games we can have the better and come the end of Christmas, we’ll have an idea of where we are going to go.”
Fair comments, as he has highlighted the main thing we need which are points as we are 2 points off Newcastle who are in 18th and we also need a settled side which we haven’t had because of injuries.
My prediction for this game is a high scoring draw as we can simply not defend at the moment and Portsmouth will be on a high after the Milan match but they haven’t won at home all season. So, i would say a 2-2 draw.
- Premier League Matchday 23: Top-Four Race Matches to Watch & Predictions
- Premier League Matchday 22 Preview: Best Three Games To Watch
- Ralf Rangnick delivers update on Edinson Cavani’s future at Manchester United
- Chelsea defender Antonio Rudiger opens pre-contract talks with big European clubs
- Romelu Lukaku dropped from Chelsea squad in 2-2 draw against Liverpool
- Manchester United in contention with Liverpool for Leeds’ centre-back
- Chelsea star Romelu Lukaku set for showdown talks with Thomas Tuchel
- Five players who are desperate to move in the 2022 January transfer window
- Fiorentina cannot keep hold of Dusan Vlahovic anymore
- Manchester United striker to request January exit