Palmeiras played the first game of Campeonato Brasileiro yestarday, against Coritiba:
Thinking about the Libertadores, Palmeiras’ coach Vanderlei Luxemburgo choosed to enter with the reserves and let the first 11’s resting. But after the defeat in the first half with poor creativity, he started the second half with the best three players in the team: Keirrison, Diego Souza and Cleiton Xavier.
Ans they actually made the difference in the game: Cleiton Xavier made a great pass to Jefferson to cross to Wiilians scores the first goal; and Diego Souza made a great dribble to pass the ball to Marcão, that served Keirrisson to score the winning goal.
That was a great result, because being the first round teams think they can catch up later in the tournament, but these points can make the difference in the end.
Palmeiras play again this wednesday, against Sport, for the second leg of Libertadores’ game. The 1-0 advantage in the first leg and the recent retrospect against this rival (2-1-0 this year) make Palmeiras’ the favorite to going to the quarter finals.
- Premier League Matchday 22 Preview: Best Three Games To Watch
- Ralf Rangnick delivers update on Edinson Cavani’s future at Manchester United
- Chelsea defender Antonio Rudiger opens pre-contract talks with big European clubs
- Romelu Lukaku dropped from Chelsea squad in 2-2 draw against Liverpool
- Manchester United in contention with Liverpool for Leeds’ centre-back
- Chelsea star Romelu Lukaku set for showdown talks with Thomas Tuchel
- Five players who are desperate to move in the 2022 January transfer window
- Fiorentina cannot keep hold of Dusan Vlahovic anymore
- Manchester United striker to request January exit
- Sunday Premier League Preview: Matchday 15