Manchester United returned to winning ways tonight as they overcame a strong Blackburn side. Sam Allardyce’s men kept the champions from scoring with narrow chances from Dimitar Berbatov and Wayne Rooney just kept out by England international Paul Robinson. Despite United Dominating throughout the game eagerly anticipated goal did not come until the fifty fifth minute when Dimitar Berbatov glided the ball into the back off the net and minutes from time Wayne Rooney finished them off with his seventh goal of the season.
During the first half many chances were created for the reds including Wayne Rooney’s flick onto Dimitar Berbatov to the back post which was later ruled as off side. Even though, United were still drawing against the rovers they went back out with confidence and their confidence paid back by scoring within the first ten minutes of the second half. A brilliant run and pass from Patrice Evra prompted the first goal. A difficult pass from Evra was curled in to the left corner of the net by Berbatov to put the red devils in front.
With only three minutes from time, Wayne Rooney Finished the riversiders off with a beautiful left footed strike from Andersons cross. Having had a radiant all-night performance, England’s and united’s number ten proved his incandescent ability.
Although united dominated, Blackburn had rare late chance but amounted to little more than a harshly disallowed goal from substitute Nikola Kalinic, who was incorrectly deemed offside as he tapped in the rebound after Edwin van der Sar had saved superbly from Benni McCarthy.
Overall United’s performance was excellent but goalkeeping lapses could have put the riversiders within one goal of the champions. United tore through the Blackburn defence however England’s ex number one Paul Robinson kept most of the shots out in a remarkable performance.
For More Football Articals By Oliver Go On To http://sportspundit123.blogspot.com/
(c) Oliver McGrath & Blogsfc
- Juventus lining up cash-plus-player bid for Lyon’s Lucas Paqueta
- Kane & Salah to run the show in the 2022/23 Premier League Golden Boot race – or not?
- Most Successful Teams in England
- Premier League Pre-Season: Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton & Man City heading to the United States
- Inter Miami vs Barcelona: date, kick-off time & how to stream
- Darwin Nunez to Erling Haaland – top five transfers completed in June
- Five Teams Expected To Dominate At The 2022 World Cup
- Man Utd’s 2022/23 pre-season: fixtures, transfers & expectations
- 2022/23 Sky Bet EFL season: Key dates & facts
- Brazilian legend Dani Alves announces exit from Barcelona