Palmeiras draw last night with Sport 1-1:
Palmeiras played better the hole game because Sport didn’t attack much. This got worst when Wilson was sent off, and Sport denied attack with 10 men in the pitch. Unfortunately Palmeiras wasn’t able to break Sport’s defense and did not scored another goal.
This has been one of the weaker point of Palmeiras: the team is not able to build-up plays when the other team marks deep on its field, even with lot of possession. It’s been easier to Palmeiras to build-up fast one-two plays, when the opponent starts combat on midfield.
Not to mention the goal in a set-up piece, the weakest point of Palmeiras’ defense.
Now Palmeiras life in Libertadores is in danger. The team has 4 points, in third position, while Sport and Colo-Colo have 7 points each. Palmeiras need to win the next to games and, if Colo-Colo beats Sport and Sport beats LDU, the decision will be in the difference of goals.
And the decisions go on: Palmeiras will play against Santos for a place in Campeonato Paulista’s final, and on Thursday Palmeiras play LDU and tries to survive in Libertadores da América.
- World Cup 2022 Predictions
- Tottenham Hotspur vs Leeds United: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Romania’s Enes Sali makes international debut at 15-years-old
- November International Break – Preview
- Morning Mix: City dominate woeful United, Palace’s Vieira gamble is paying dividends
- Premier League Weekend Predictions – Matchday 11
- Marseille and Lazio draw in the Europa League
- Europa League Predictions – Matchday 4
- Tactical Analysis: How Tottenham Hotspur might shape up under Antonio Conte
- Champions League Predictions – Matchday 4