Last Saturday Palmeiras got knocked-out of Campeonato Paulista:
Different from the first leg, Santos played ay better than Palmeiras, and had no problem to guarantee the place in the final. Instead of playing defensively, Santos played as if the team had no advantage and easily beat Palmeiras.
Just like the game against Sport, Palmeiras had problems to build-up plays when Santos defensive line was deep in their defensive field. One of the problems is that the strikers, Keirrison and Ortigoza, can’t hold the ball to make time for the other players to search for empty spaces to be target to passes.
More than all of this, Santos was way more motivated than Palmeiras, since their dramatic classification to the playoffs. If Palmeiras had that motivation, the team might be able to revert the result, but Santos will strength made them play better.
Palmeiras motivation was clearly out of tune, showed when Domingos went from the bench to bully Diego Souza and Palmeiras’ player fell into his trap, being sent off.
Palmeiras played 4 decisions in this month, and was able to win only one. Thursday the team will face LDU, at Palestra Italia, and a defeat ends Palmeiras’ chances of going to the playoffs. I just hope that the defeat against Santos motivate the players.
- Darwin Nunez to Erling Haaland – top five transfers completed in June
- Five Teams Expected To Dominate At The 2022 World Cup
- Man Utd’s 2022/23 pre-season: fixtures, transfers & expectations
- 2022/23 Sky Bet EFL season: Key dates & facts
- Brazilian legend Dani Alves announces exit from Barcelona
- Manchester United keen to sign Christian Eriksen on a free transfer
- Darren Bent offers his view on Liverpool’s interest in Paul Pogba
- 2021/22 Champions League end of season awards: Best player, best manager, and more
- Premier League season review: Who ran the show in 2021/22?
- Arsenal Set For Another Champions League-less Season