Liverpool will return to Premier League action this Sunday when they take on Fulham at Anfield.
Jurgen Klopp’s side have seen a great decline in their fortunes this season and are currently sitting seventh at the league table.
The Reds’ latest defeat came at the hands of Chelsea, with Mason Mount’s solo goal deciding the fate of the game in favour of the Londoners.
Anfield was once the fortress for the Merseysiders but now they have suffered their fifth consecutive defeat at their home stadium.
Besides Thomas Tuchel’s side, Brighton, Manchester City, Leicester City and Everton have all taken full points against the defending champions recently in the Premier League.
Fulham, who are currently in the relegation zone, look like ideal opponents for the Reds to bounce back.
However, the Cottagers have shown glimpses of quality in recent matches and they could cause problems for the struggling hosts.
Scott Parker’s side fought well in the 1-0 defeat against Tottenham Hotspur on Thursday night and looked deserving of at least a point from the encounter.
Liverpool don’t yet have services of Virgil van Dijk, Joe Gomez, Joel Matip, and Jordan Henderson due to injuries. While Ozan Kabak has also picked up an injury problem that will likely keep him sidelined for the Sunday match.
Although there is good news about Nat Philips who is expected to be back in contention.
Meanwhile, the Cottagers don’t have many injury woes with Tom Cairney and Marek Rodak their only absentees for the Anfield match.
- Europa League semi-finals – Man Utd vs Roma & Arsenal vs Villarreal
- Champions League semi-finals: PSG vs Man City & Real Madrid vs Chelsea
- Former Liverpool striker urges club to hijack Manchester United’s pursuit of Jadon Sancho
- Scottish pride: When Heart of Midlothian went to war
- Why the bookies rate England as favourites to win the Euros
- The most valuable football clubs: Barcelona, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich
- Social media boycott is well-meaning but ineffective in fighting racist abuse
- Tactical Analysis: Manchester United’s encouraging victory over Tottenham Hotspur
- Bouncing back to the Premier League: Why Norwich City’s imminent promotion is more impressive than meets the eye
- Liverpool vs Aston Villa – Premier League Preview, Team News & Predicted Line-ups