After the great first leg, Palmeiras beat Real Potosi, in the hight of 4090m over the sea level, by two goals to nothing, (7×1 agg), and now is classified to the group stage of Libertadores da América.
The goals were scored by Cleiton Xavier and Keirrison. The first one scored in every game he played this year, and now have 5 goals. Keirrison scored his fifth game aswell, but in 4 games.
Palmeiras maintain his unbeatable 100% run in the year. It was the sixth victory in six games, scoring 17 goals and suffering just 3.
Now the team is in the first group of Copa Libertadores da América, and will play against Sport (BRA), Colo-Colo (CHI) and LDU (EQU). Some say that’s the hardest group in the Cup: Colo-Colo was Chilean Champion, LDU is the actual champion of Libertadores da América and Sport beat Palmeiras all the four games last year. =/
(Cleiton Xavier and Keirrison)
Sunday Palmeiras will play the first derby of the year, against Santos. It will be the chance to see if the team will maintain the hot streak.
- History of football at the Olympics
- Five Famous Hollywood Football Fans
- Manchester United agree £41m fee with Real Madrid for Raphael Varane
- Manchester United receive huge boost in pursuit of Saul Niguez
- Ben White set to undergo medical with Arsenal
- Arsenal leading the race for Chelsea’s Tammy Abraham
- Crystal Palace close to signing Lyon defender Joachim Andersen
- Morning Mix: Carragher’s take on Wijnaldum is brainless, Tottenham turning things around
- Tottenham Hotspur confirm signing Pierluigi Gollini on season-long loan
- Manchester United complete £73m transfer of Jadon Sancho