After a brilliant start to the Premiership season for Sunderland, can you put it down to the fact that the Strikers have been on form. Darren Bent and Kenwyne Jones have both bagged two goals each in what proves to be a formidable partnership. Darren Bent said he wanted to move to Sunderland and by the looks of it, it was the right choice. Getting off to a perfect start at your new club is a must, and for Darren Bent it was a perfect start. Bent of course scored the winner against Bolton and in his next match he scored against Chelsea.
For Kenwyne Jones, he has also had a perfect start to the season. The weekends win against Blackburn shows you how excellent he is and how greater asset he is to Sunderland. Two goals were scored by Jones against Blackburn, in what was another brilliant win for the Black Cats. Kenwyne Jones has been linked with a number of clubs; however it is vital that Sunderland keep him. The Bent and Jones partnership already looks to be off and running, and hopefully both of them can score some goals against Stoke on Saturday.
Also Sunderland does have the likes of Frazier Campbell, David Healy and Daryl Murphy waiting in the wings for a starting place. Frazier Campbell could well be a super sub for Sunderland this season, and the signing of Campbell could well rise to £6 million. Getting the young striker on a permanent deal is very good business for Sunderland and he will defiantly be a key player for Steve Bruce’s side in the next couple of seasons. David Healy however seems to have had his day at Sunderland, however it could still be worth keeping him. Even though he hasn’t made a breakthrough at Sunderland, he could still score goals coming off from the subs bench. He came on in the recent Carling Cup win against Norwich; however it seemed he was struggling. Lastly it looked very possible that Daryl Murphy was going to leave Sunderland this summer, however the Striker is still lingering about at the club. Murphy still could well be on his way out of the Stadium of Light, but nothing looks like happening just yet.
- Carabao Cup Predictions – Round 4
- Morning Mix: Villa need more from Buendia, honeymoon period over for Benitez
- Top 7 highest goalscorers in El Clasico history
- Premier League Weekend Predictions – Matchday 9
- Barcelona vs Real Madrid: El Clasico Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Europa League Predictions – Matchday 3
- Steve Bruce leaves Newcastle United by mutual consent following Saudi-led consortium takeover
- Champions League Predictions – Matchday 3
- Marseille rise to third with 4-1 win over Lorient
- Morning Mix: Mendy the difference for Chelsea, Bruce criticism is fully justified