Toni had no chance to celebrate during the Euro 2008
Roberto Donadoni’s exit was affected by Toni’s failure to hit one goal, claimed the Bayern Munich Top Scorer. Toni failed to hit even one goal during the four games Italy played in Euro 2008 and a couple of sitters against France should have surely saved his blushes had he scored them but he failed.
I Could Have Saved Donadoni From Getting The Sack
He told the press: â€œMaybe a goal could have saved Don, if only I could have scored, I tried in every way.
â€œBut even if I didnâ€™t score, I believe that I gave a hand in several games and I worked well over the last two years.
â€œYou canâ€™t judge a coach on a game that was lost on penalties. Donadoni did a good job, but these decisions are made by other people.
â€œObviously, if I had scored other goals things could have been very different.â€
Toni made no contact with Donadoni after Euro Exit
He continued: â€œI am not a player who stays in contact with coaches, even though I had a great relationship with Donadoni, as I did with Marcello Lippi.
â€œLippi had a great World Cup and we won, but there were lots of incidents which could have gone against us and things could have been different.â€
- Carabao Cup Predictions – Round 4
- Morning Mix: Villa need more from Buendia, honeymoon period over for Benitez
- Top 7 highest goalscorers in El Clasico history
- Premier League Weekend Predictions – Matchday 9
- Barcelona vs Real Madrid: El Clasico Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Europa League Predictions – Matchday 3
- Steve Bruce leaves Newcastle United by mutual consent following Saudi-led consortium takeover
- Champions League Predictions – Matchday 3
- Marseille rise to third with 4-1 win over Lorient
- Morning Mix: Mendy the difference for Chelsea, Bruce criticism is fully justified