Right, first the team news for us:
Not much to be honest, we should expect the same team that played on Saturday with the exception of Keith Andrews who is cup-tied and Martin Olsson may play after his suspension but I doubt it given that his performances have been terrible recently but hey, anything can happen under Paul Ince.
Man Utd team news:
Ferguson is expected to make wholesale changes. Carlos Tevez is set to start in attack (bad, we can’t handle a quick forward at the moment) with Ben Foster in goal (good, not as experienced and prone to mistake) , while Angola forward Manucho is named in a squad consisting of youth and experience which could work to our advantage.
My predicted line ups:
Blackburn: Paul Robinson, Andre Ooijer, Ryan Nelsen, Chris Samba, Steven Warnock. Brett Emerton, Tugay, Aaron Mokoena, Morten Gamst Pedersen, Matt Derbyshire, Benni Mccarthy Subs: Jason Brown, Danny Simpson, Keith Treacy, Carlos Villanueva, Roque Santa Cruz, Jason Roberts
Man Utd: Ben Foster, Rafael, Evans, Neville, O’Shea, Gibson, Anderson, Possebon, Nani, Park, Tevez Subs: Foster, Carrick, Manucho, Ronaldo, Wellbeck, Rooney, Vidic
I actually believe we can win this clash as we need a massive confidence boost which can carry on into the Premier League with Liverpool coming up at the weekend. I really don’t see Paul Ince resting anyone except Santa Cruz as we need a settled team. In the past few games, it has been our lousy defending and lack of prowess in front of goal that has let us down. So, lets see if we can turn this round and cause a big upset at the ‘Theatre of Dreams’.
Predicted score: Man Utd 1-2 Blackburn
- Suriname’s vice president sets record for oldest player to feature in international club compe…
- Angers and Marseille play out bleak 0-0 draw
- Marseille rise to second in Ligue 1 with 2-0 win over Rennes
- Tactical Analysis: Tottenham Hotspur’s positive defensive approach against Chelsea
- Morning Mix: Newcastle fans’ anger is justified, Guardiola comments were brainless
- 2021/22 Premier League Matchday 5: Preview & Predictions
- 10-man Lokomotiv Moscow snatch late point against Marseille
- Europa League 2021: Matchday 1 Predictions
- Champions League Preview: Liverpool vs AC Milan
- The 2021/22 Football Betting Guide