As already reported by Gavh of BlogsFC Leicester City, the Foxes have signed Rover’s Paul Gallagher for an undisclosed fee. It isn’t a surprise to see Gally leave the club after years of leaving on loan, attempting each time to come back and prove himself good enough to play Premier League football at Ewood. It is a good move for Paul, who deserves a permanent deal and a chance to prove himself, whilst Rovers need to get players off the wage bill. Especially after the signing of Michel Salgado and Nikola Kalinic.
Michel Salgado signs for Blackburn
33 year old Salgado has signed for Rovers on a two year deal, but is not available for this weekend’s game against Sunderland, as he is still waiting on his international clearance. Salgrado has been capped 53 times for Spain, but comes to Rovers on a free transfer after Real Madrid decided to cancel his contract at the Bernabeu a year early.
Salgado spent 10 years at the Bernabeu, winning two Champions League medals as well as a host of domestic honours. When he does run out for Rovers Salgado will wear the number 27 shirt. He one of Sam Allardyces trademark older signings, after this transfer window he had concentrated on bringing youth to Ewood Park, prior to this signing, the average age of the players transfered in was just 23.
Nikola Kalinic could make debut at Sunderland
New Croatian signing Kalinic could make his first appearance for Blackburn as a substitute at the Stadium of Light, the player who has been given squad number 22, is not yet fully match fit, after joining the club late, after the protracted process of the transfer and work permit.
- World Cup 2022 Predictions
- Tottenham Hotspur vs Leeds United: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Romania’s Enes Sali makes international debut at 15-years-old
- November International Break – Preview
- Morning Mix: City dominate woeful United, Palace’s Vieira gamble is paying dividends
- Premier League Weekend Predictions – Matchday 11
- Marseille and Lazio draw in the Europa League
- Europa League Predictions – Matchday 4
- Tactical Analysis: How Tottenham Hotspur might shape up under Antonio Conte
- Champions League Predictions – Matchday 4