Although every Evertonian will probably see Tim Cahill as an attacking or central midfielder – which I also see Tim as – why doesn’t David Moyes try Cahill upfront more regularly? Cahill runs his socks off out there and never gives up, something Yakubu preferes not to do. Of course, Yakubu is more prolific in front of goal, and is more of a recognised striker, but if an offer came in for Yakubu right now, I would take it. I don’t see Yakubu as a team player. He just joggs around looking for fouls.
Maroune Felliani has also impressed me recently. He has been supporting Cahill upfront and getting back too! He never gives up. Although he gets a yellow card every game – literally! – I see him as an ideal future prospect for the blues. His tackling ability isn’t great, but he’s quality in the air, and has already proven what he can do. Moyes’ should definitely hang on to this talent.
Moving on, young Victor Anichebe- before his injury – impressed me. In a few years time I see Victor as a key player for a team either in the Premiership or the Championship, or maybe even abroad. In my opinion, Victor shows strength, stamina, persistence and most of all spirit to his game. He never gives up. I’m sure everybody who has seen Victor play agrees when he plays to the best of his ability, he tops Yakubu and Saha on some performances. Many people think its Victor or James Vaughan. For me, its Victor.
Finally, Michael Owen has been linked with a transfer to Goodison. Although it looks almost certain that Owen will move away from Newcastle you can count Michael coming to Everton.. out. Why? Wages for a start. Owen is reportably on £120,000 a week at Newcastle, and even if Owen was to take a wage cut, Everton could still not afford half his wages. Anyway, Aston Villa and Manchester City would probably be Owen’s first choice I spose. Other stories indicating Everton with moves to people are really inaccurate. Moyes has already stated he doesn’t think money is available.
Until next time, goodbye.
- Aston Villa want to secure a return for Ashley Young
- Premier League 2021/22: The dates to remember as fixtures are released
- Marko Arnautovic could be in trouble for alleged racist remarks
- France v Germany – divided by history, united by choice
- Manchester City’s Aymeric Laporte wants a move to Barcelona
- Monday Briefing: Eriksen survives, England trio silence doubters, Lukaku makes statement
- England triumph over Croatia at Wembley in opening Euro 2020 group game
- Morning Mix: Eriksen incident reminds us what is important, England manager demonstrates leadership …
- Nuno Espirito Santo close to being appointed as new Everton manager
- Borussia Dortmund turn down Manchester United’s £67m offer for Jadon Sancho