At full time has ended Liverpool 1-0 Everton in a game which was very comfortable win for Liverpool. The only goal of the game came from Fernando Torres on 7 mins when Yakubu very stupidly failed to clear the ball only for Torres to slot home.
David Moyes the everton manager had this to say at full time:
“I am disappointed. We are disappointed with the nature of the goal.We could have cleared it better and after that we broke too quickly instead of clearing it properly. We had a little bit more of a go in the second half but we lacked penetration.That is what happens, sometimes you get injuries. We have to work with what we have available.We gave them the first goal which is a disappointing start and Yakubu has to take responsibility for giving the ball away, but I am also concerned that we didn’t pick up Torres. But I thought we played well in the second half and responded well. Unfortunately we’ve had a few injuries at the business end of the season. We’re not running out of steam – it’s more a case of not having enough bodies.”
While Liverpool now appear odds-on to hold onto the final UEFA Champions League spot in fourth, Moyes is refusing to accept the race is already over.
“There are still games to be played so it doesn’t change things for us,” he added. “We’re still positive about the rest of the season. Five points is a big gap but we won’t be giving up.”
Evertons next fixtures include Derby, Birmingham, Chelsea, Aston Villa, Arsenal and Newcastle.
- Juventus lining up cash-plus-player bid for Lyon’s Lucas Paqueta
- Kane & Salah to run the show in the 2022/23 Premier League Golden Boot race – or not?
- Most Successful Teams in England
- Premier League Pre-Season: Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton & Man City heading to the United States
- Inter Miami vs Barcelona: date, kick-off time & how to stream
- Darwin Nunez to Erling Haaland – top five transfers completed in June
- Five Teams Expected To Dominate At The 2022 World Cup
- Man Utd’s 2022/23 pre-season: fixtures, transfers & expectations
- 2022/23 Sky Bet EFL season: Key dates & facts
- Brazilian legend Dani Alves announces exit from Barcelona